Pre-finished hardwood flooring is a faster and less expensive route to unfinished flooring. Because the finish is already applied, pre-finished flooring simply needs to be installed by a professional. Our Design Studio Manager will walk you through this process. We have many types and colors to choose from, and will help you with your selections!! Bring your idea hat on!!
The quality of the finished floor is directly related to the quality of the subfloor. While the subfloor doesn’t necessarily have to be perfectly level, it does need to be perfectly flat. If the subfloor has any imperfections, the finished floor will be noticeably wavy and probably squeak. Typically, the subfloor is constructed with 1/2″ – 3/4″ plywood.
Care for Hardwood Flooring:
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Use recommended Armstrong hardwood floor cleaners.
- Vacuum, sweep or dust mop your hardwood floor once a week, or more, if needed. The vacuum head must be brush or felt.
- Use interior and exterior doormats at entrances to collect dirt and moisture and prevent them from being tracked onto the floor.
- Area rugs are recommended in front of kitchen sinks, at all pivot points and within high traffic areas.
- Place runners and area rugs (with slip-resistant backings) along high traffic areas.
- Keep animal nails trimmed to prevent finish scratches.
- To prevent surface damage, avoid rolling heavy appliances and furniture on the floor.
- Keep the relative humidity in your home between 35% and 55%.
- Protect your floor from direct sunlight.
Based in the bustling Raleigh area of Wake Forest, NC, Tile Trenz specializes in flooring, countertops, installation and fabrication. We specialize in working with mediums such as tile, marble, granite and offer pre-finished hardwood flooring installation. Whether you are building your new home or remodeling your current home, Tile Trenz is able to help you.